5395 Ruffin Road Ste. 202
San Diego, CA
Dr. Previte is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports-related and industrial injuries. His practice emphasis is on the use of arthroscopic surgery in the repair of injuries to the shoulder and knee. He also utilizes this technology in repairing injuries to the spine, a more recent advance in the use of arthroscopy technology.
As a sports medicine specialist, Dr. Previte has worked with many professional and Olympic caliber athletes. He has
held positions as the West Coast representative for the Physician Committee on Sports Medicine for the United States Baseball Federation and is currently a Volunteer Physician for the United States Olympic Committee.
Dr. Previte is a Qualified Medical Examiner and an Independent Medical Examiner. He has extensive experience in working with injured workers and getting patients safely back to work. While his main practice is located in San Diego, Dr. Previte also maintains offices in Escondido and Palm Springs.
In addition to his private practice, Dr. Previte holds a Clinical Instructor position at the University of California, San Diego with the Department of Family & Preventative Medicine. He is also a Clinical Instructor of Orthopedic Surgery for the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific.
Dr. Previte resides in Poway with his wife and children.
– 1979, Philadephia College of Osteopathic Medicine, D.O. Degree
– Fellowship: 1987, Sports Medicine, Alabama Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center
– Internship: 1979-1980, Flexible,Tripler Army Medical School
– Residency: 1980-1984, Orthopaedic Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center
– Phi Gamma Delta, University of Califonia
– Edmundson Honorary Research Fellowship, “Uveitis in a Rabbit Model”
– Cambridge University Rotary International Foundation Scholarship
– Magauerites Honorary Society
– Summa Cum Laude, University of Califonia
– Phi Kappa Phi, University of Califonia
– Phi Beta Kappa, University of Califonia
– 1990-present, Clinical Instructor, College of the Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
– 1982-1984, Clinical Instructor, Orthopaedic Surgery Uniformed Services, University of Health Services
– 1984-1985, Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon, 122 Evacuation Hospital, Seoul, Korea
– 1985-1987, Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon, Martin Army Community Hospital, Ft. Benning, GA
– 1991-present, Clinical Instructor, University of California, San Diego, Dept of Family & Preventative Medicine
– American College of Forensic Examiners
– Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons
– American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
– American Sports Medicine Insititute
– Association of Military Surgeons of the United States